“Train up a child the way he should go,
even when he is old they will not depart from it.”
We believe that every child is created by God and is a unique and gifted individual with the curiosity and desire to learn and grow. Within a Christ-like, nurturing, and safe environment, our teachers will nurture, love, and build up each child in order to see them grow spiritually, emotionally, and socially.
At Life Way we recognize that there is no greater privilege and responsibility than to be entrusted with the care and teaching of children. Our goal for each day is to awaken in every student an understanding of their Creator, and to view themselves as His special work, created for a specific purpose. Our desire is that each child who finishes our preschool program possesses the beginnings of a firm Biblical foundation on which to build the remainder of their education. We consider it a privilege to partner with parents to instill a clear understanding of who God is and how much He loves His children.
Life Way’s experienced teachers provide a structured, nurturing environment which enables each student to learn and grow academically and socially. While your child is being encouraged to develop fine motor skills, letter and number recognition, and other areas of kindergarten readiness, he/she will also be learning to interact positively with peers, and to respond to authority with respectful obedience. With a balanced day of formal instruction and free play, your child will be engaged physically, cognitively, socially, and spiritually.
- PK2 1/2: Two half-days a week (Tues/Thurs) – 7:45am – 12:00 noon
- PK2 1/2: Three half-days a week (Mon/Wed/Fri) – 7:45am – 12:00 noon
- PK2 1/2/PK3/PK4: Two full days a week (Tues/Thurs) – 7:45am – 3:00pm
- PK2 1/2/PK3/PK4: Three full days a week (Mon/Wed/Fri) – 7:45am – 3:00pm
- PK2 1/2/PK3/PK4: Five full days a week (Mon-Fri) – 7:45am – 3:00pm
Academic Areas of Focus
- Letter and sound recognition, word association
- Number recognition (0-20)
- Fine motor skills: cutting, writing, correct pencil hold
- Writing name (upper and lower case letters)
- Social skills
- Biblically integrated curriculum
- Weekly chapel and special chapel services for Christmas and Easter
- Extra curricular activities outside classroom; music, library, recess
- Thanksgiving and End of Year programs
- Special events throughout the year; Community Helper Day, Carnival Day, PJ and Pancake Day
- Strong parent/teacher fellowship, which organizes events for our students and families including classroom celebrations, annual chili supper and many more
Tracey Murphy – Preschool Director